Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Moments that changed my life


Hi my name is Cora, I have started this blog as i would like to share my journey doing  the 12wbt challenge. I should of started this blog at the start of my journey, but i just didn't know where to start really. So, here is my story.

It all started back when My son Kaleb was born, i had some major complications with the birth of my son, which left me a terrible mess. Not only did i have a newborn baby to look after, but i was broken. I think this was the first moment when i started to eat badly to deal with the emotional and physical problem.
 I used to be such a fit girl before the birth of my son. I used to workout 2 hours each day, then 3 hours on Saturday & Sunday!! But that all changed when Kaleb was born. I took backstage and i put my family first and forgot about who i was, i lost the happy bubbly Cora i really didn't know where she went. I went back to fulltime work when Kaleb was just 8 months old. I had no option, bills needed to be paid and that's just the way it was. I'm also studying just to make things that bit harder lol! I just couldn't be bothered to make good food i just just so tired and just went to takeaway the east option. I did no exercise and ate crap, it's that simple. I used to be a fit 50kg girl and was happy. the changing moment for me was back in December 2011, i went to a friends son's birthday party at Macdonalds of all places lol and i was looking through her pictures from the birthday party. I saw a picture of me and i was just shocked, what have i done to myself i thought i just burst out crying. That was the moment that my life changed, that picture sparked something in me to change for the better.

 I also got alot of little remarks for people at work about my weight, one comment has stuck with me is, I was walking to the ladies rooms, i had a lady stop me and say, Cora you look so much better in black, colours make you look fat!! that was another moment that made me so determined to change my life for the better. I was on facebook one day, a friend of mine said she is doing the Michelle Bridges program i said what is that? lol she told me about it and i said what the hell i'll go have a look at this :) I went over to Michelle facebook page I read it for 2 days straight, i was amazed at these ladies smashing out calories and talking about what they are eating. But most of all the support is what kept me coming back and reading.I watched how Michelle was talking to her 'people" this wasn't just some money making thing no, it was a family and i wanted to be apart of it no matter how much it cost. I was just amazed that Michelle actually was so involved in her program cause let's face it she would be one busy woman. But nope she takes the time to talk to people encourage them and cheer them on that just brought me to tears ( yes i'm a sook now). So i took the pluge and joined up to this 12wbt challenge, what i didn't know by pushing that sign up button that this program was about to change my life for the better i'm not kidding. 

So after signing up and looking at all the forums, the recipes and the workout's i was pumped, i was ready to change the rest of my life for good, no backing out, no more excuses, no more self sabotage. I was going to give this 110%.
I done all the pre season takes i watched Michelle's weekly  dvd's and listed to her, i cried,i laughed and i felt like i was just sitting in the room with her, with her getting REALLY down to business.

So, after signing up i posted on Mish's facebook page looking for anyone in my area, I was greeted with open arm's Into the South West Sydney facebook group. I was very nervous but was so happy that a lady named Vikki helpt me around the page and just listened to me. I also was greeted with open arms but another wonderful lady and her name is Jayne these ladies have done a few rounds already and knew their stuff. Vikki organized our first meet and we all met at Rashay's it was pretty cool to put names to faces and meet up with some of the most inspiring woman i would ever meet.
I started to talk to a girl named Danielle and we just clicked from the first time we met :) we both go to the same gym so we would start to do classes together, i never released that meeting her i would now have a friend for life :) We would talk on the facebook page workout together, we would push each other to limits that we both didn't think was possible. I can't thank Michelle enough because without her program i wouldn't of met these amazing bunch of ladies and i wouldn't of met Danielle. So Mish if you ever get the time to read this i thank you with the bottom of my heart you have done something that i don't even think i can explain so thank you xxx I would also like to say that i have the most supportive husband in the world, i thought when i told him about this program that he would just go oh here we go, another diet that she goes on and just flakes. Nope! i got a pleasant surprise when he looked at me and said go for it, I said what?? are you serious? yep go for it Cora i filled up with tears that he believed in me to do this, that just made me even more determined to smash this program. He has just been so amazing during this, watching our son so i could have the time to work out, he would also cook Michelle's recipes and he loved to eat them as much as i did!! He is just so involved in this program he know so much about calories and what he is eating now and has also lost a few kilo's himself! So i can't thank him enough for standing by my side and holding my hand all the way <3


Anyway enough of my rabbling i hope you have enjoyed reading this, This round might be other but i have a hell of a lot more to give so watch out world here i come!












No comments:

Post a Comment